Valuable Lessons are Hard to Teach!

Here I am sitting in the car in the dark garage, ecstatic to have a few minutes of quiet and calm.


This morning, both were awake by 6 and screaming to go down stairs for breakfast... Felicity refused to go for her ‘morning wee wee’. I say refused what I actually mean is that at the mere suggestion of going to the bathroom she decided to throw herself around the floor screaming she didn’t need to go and she hated the butterflies (the toilet seat).

We went down stairs, which was tricky as felicity decided her elbow hurt, which she told me was stopping her from being able to walk and therefore, she needed carrying with her brother...hello crippling back pain again! 

Jam on toast for breakfast as requested... half in the tummy and half smeared on the floor (why does it always land messy side down).

“Mummy you get the Hoover out now?!?!” she demands as this is now part of our morning routine and I feel the excessive crumbs she feels are now obligatory.

Felicity is now shouting at me that her teddy is not perfect, that’s the vitamin jelly teddy they each have at breakfast - I then find myself nibbling away at the extra ear hers seems to have. I don’t even like orange flavor and I try not to scrunch my face in disgust as the tangy beast ear tingles on my tongue.

Two mouths full of water and Felicity’s face changes, I know that look and I know that ‘pee dancing’ anywhere! Then as predicted “Mummy I need the Loo”. I rapidly put down the cold coffee I was so excited to finally take a sip of and fumble away at the seatbelt to her booster, heart racing, I manage to finally free her, breaking a nail in the process, but I will get her to that toilet on time! Phew! Made it!

I sigh with relief and take in a breathe of oh sweet air. Breakfast is finally over!

Teeth brushing commences, lying on the floor holding open a very determined jaw of Edwards, being spat toothpaste in my eyes whilst Felicity finds it hilarious to point and laugh at him just to agitate him a little more. It’s ok, the sting is negligible as it’s children’s toothpaste.

An hour or so of playtime now, I say playtime but the majority of it was a mediation session between the two of them. I tell Felicity to swap rather than take from her little brother, so she offers him a whole array of objects including a dolls sock, Mr Potato Head’s eyes and a hair clip, which is gratefully accepts - hey, I’m taking a point for teaching her how to share right!

This is the beginning of good day!

Comments

Popular Posts