YouTubers!

After Edwards nap Felicity insisted on getting the Play Doh out. I would usually think of as many excuses as possible to avoid this if Edward is awake as he’s just...well let’s say he’s a liability with Play Doh.


I commence with numerous excuses including “Your brother tries to eat it and it could make him sick” which doesn’t seem to phase her...

Regardless of my pleas it is out anyway and to be honest I’m running out of activities as Edward has been poorly (not from eating Play Doh) and I’ve been entertaining to the Butlins Red Coats standard for four days solid!

I’m now on full alert, eyes peeled and ready with both hands free to grab Play Doh from Edward’s mouth or wrestle him down to retrieve any that made it beyond the lips.

So here’s why this activity irritates me...Felicity has about half an hour a day when I’m in the shower when she can play games or watch videos on her IPad... we call this her ‘Me time’ as it’s space away from her brothers constant tormenting. Anyway, she’s taken to watching YouTube Kids and in particular the videos of people playing with Play Doh. DON’T JUDGE ME!

Why oh why do these ‘YouTubers’ decide to put Play Doh on all the toys and random objects! It’s so annoying! Felicity cheerily goes around the living room, completely ignoring the “On the stars mat for messy play rule”. I then find myself having to retrace her steps and scraping Play Doh from everything including being used for dolls dresses, jam on plastic toast and my favourite, wrapping it around the furniture to “make it beautiful Mummy”. The underside of my nails is a flipping rainbow and the knees on my jeans are practically transparent from crawling around so much.

Whilst we are on the subject, why do these YouTubers put toys, which are meant to be dry in water! Hello!!! You have an audience who hang on your every word and copy you expecting the old toy they submerge in water to turn into a variety of coloured ‘candies’ or ‘orb balls’ upon the magic words of a talking sock! Now I have dolly, our tag along friend, who smells like a wet dog going everywhere with us in 30 flipping degree heat! Good one! Well done!

Don’t get me started on ‘Ryan’s Mommy’... that child has more toys than all of the children I know put together and I go to Gymboree!

Rant Over! I’ve forgot my original story...


Comments

Popular Posts